Submit A Proposal
The call for proposals is now open!
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 1, 2017
Submit A Speaking Proposal
Session topics will fall into one of the educational conference tracks:
IT Infrastructure Technologies
Data Center Design and Management
Modern Data Center Strategies
Security, Data Sovereignty, and Risk Management
The Cutting Edge
View detailed track and session type descriptions
The ideal Data Center World Global Speaker:
- Can engage an audience with purely educational, insightful, and focused content.
- Knows that the strongest sessions are driven by real-life stories and insights. Case studies, examples of successes and failures, and provocative topics that promote dialog are the most well-attended and highest-rated sessions.
- Understands that session learning objectives must reflect actions and abilities attendees can implement in their work.
- Is comfortable speaking in front of large groups ranging from 30 to 1,500 people.
- Is willing to partner with Data Center World to deliver the best possible experience for the audience.
- Plans to attend the whole event and engage with attendees.
- Is open to helping spread the word about the event.
- Believes that a diverse speaker lineup delivers the most value to attendees.
- Recognition as a leader in the industry
- Marketing and branding
- Speaker training and one-on-one mentoring
- Free conference registration
- Hotel discounts
- Exceptional networking opportunities
How speakers are chosen
A carefully selected Content Advisory Team, made up of industry expert volunteers, evaluates the proposals on the following criteria:
- Subject matter relevance and timeliness
- Clearly stated learning objectives
- Practical application of material and context of issues (inclusion of case studies, examples, stories)
- Educational, vendor-neutral, no sales-pitch content
- Potential for audience participation
- Speaker presentation skills and experience
- Speaker industry knowledge, experience, leadership, and recognition
What is the fee to submit a proposal?
There is no fee to submit a proposal. There is also no fee if your proposal is accepted and you are invited to speak.
Do I have to be an exhibitor or sponsor to have my proposal considered?
Absolutely not. We pride ourselves on creating a purely educational, vendor-neutral conference program. Some of our speakers happen to be employees of exhibiting or sponsoring companies, but this is coincidental. A Content Advisory Team evaluates the session proposals 100% independently of exhibiting or sponsorship contracts. Please read above: "How speakers are chosen" for more details.
Will travel costs be reimbursed for speakers?
No, we do not cover travel costs. But, invited speakers do have access to discounts on hotel rooms.
Tips for session proposals
The Fine Print
All content must be vendor-neutral. Please only submit purely educational proposals. For vendors and solution providers looking for a speaking platform for promotional purposes, we offer paid opportunities in a track titled, Product Information Sessions. If interested, please contact our Sales Manager, Erin Heekin for more information.
Please be advised that many applications are received and we cannot accommodate all requests. Also, please be aware that sessions may be presented in a panel format and/or may feature multiple speakers. The decision to feature multiple speakers in any session is at the sole discretion of conference organizers.
Before you hit the SUBMIT button, please confirm:
- You (and any proposed co-speakers or panelists) are available to speak any time during March 12-15, 2018. Specific date/time requests may not be accommodated.
- You have permission and funding from your organization to travel and attend this event. Travel and hotel fees are at the expense of the speaker.
- You have enough content to cover the full time slot.
- You will note in your submission if your session will contain proprietary information that will limit the distribution of slides or the recording of your session
- You agree to use the required PowerPoint slide template and submit your final slides 2-4 weeks prior to the event for review, approval, and final upload.
- You agree to have your session recorded (audio and slides only).
- You agree to our Terms and Conditions.
Submission deadline: October 1, 2017
Questions? Contact Michele Reister, Director of Content
Submit A Speaking Proposal