Information Insight to Dark Data
- Monday, 04/03/2017: 2:15 PM - 3:15 PM
- Room: 518
- Session Number:
The explosion of unstructured data shows no sign of slowing. Analysts predict that the growth of data is 40 percent to 60 percent, but for unstructured data in the enterprise, the growth rate can be up to 80 percent. Despite best efforts and significant investments, organizations lack visibility into ownership and usage of unstructured or dark data. As a result, organizations are struggling to gain control of runaway costs while security and compliance risks are increasing. Gartner estimates that by 2018, 25 percent of organizations will manage all their unstructured data using information governance and storage management policies, up from less than 1 percent today. A better understanding of dark data improves business value, reduces risk and lowers management costs.
1. Learn why dark data insights provides more efficient data management and reduces overall costs
2. Learn how to categorize the data
3. Learn how to guide stale and orphan data cleanup, archiving and retention efforts.
4. Learn how to promote accountability for efficient data use.
5. Learn how to get visibility into dark, unstructured data