Best Practices for Design and Operation of a Data Center
- Thursday, 04/06/2017: 10:45 AM - 11:45 AM
- Room: 502A
- Session Number:
This presentation covers the best practices of data center facility layout, physical security, mechanical system selection and operation, electrical system selection and operation, and facility maintenance policies and procedures for a mission critical facility. We review critical facility code, design, and operational standards to specifically address facility conceptual design, space planning, building construction, and physical security best practices.
1. The various codes and standards that are utilized in the design of a data center;
2. The best usage of a site’s square footage for data center operations;
3. The physical security best practices for a mission critical environment;
4. Why the type of mechanical system installed install in your facility matters;
5. The pros and cons of a paralleling generator plant;
6. Maintaining your critical facility;
7. Site reliability and its link to maintenance in your facility.