Submit A Proposal
Potential Speakers, Industry Experts, and Data Center Colleagues:
Welcome to Data Center World Los Angeles 2017 and thank you for your interest in participating to speak at this event.
Data Center World is committed to bringing the best, most relevant vendor-neutral education in the industry. With topics related to cutting edge trends, operations, security and risk management, and leadership strategy, we have education for every member of your data center team.
The upcoming Global event topics to be covered will fall into one of the tracks listed below.
Conference Theme: Data, Automation, Scale: Building and Managing the Data Center of the Future
T1: IT Infrastructure Technologies
Topics: Private cloud, hybrid, automation, DevOps, application containers, converged, hyperconvergence, storage hardware security, networking technology, software defined networking, rack scale architecture
T2: Data Center Design & Management
Topics: Efficiency, power density, loads, cooling, DCIM, instrumentation for data collection, predictive analytics, automation
T3: Modern Data Center Strategies
Topics: Edge data centers, colocation trends, direct access to cloud services, interconnection, global connectivity, hybrid cloud/multi-cloud
T4: Security, Data Sovereignty, and Risk Management
Topics: Compliance, data breaches, cybersecurity, data sovereignty, disaster recovery and operations, physical security, emerging legislation
T5: The Cutting Edge
Topics: Blockchain, IoT, machine learning, silicon photonics
Detailed Track definitions can be found here.
Submissions will be reviewed and considered when the following submission guidelines are followed:
1. Submit purely educational content. No company or product sales pitches. We have a platform for that called: Product Information Sessions. Please contact Erin.Heekin@penton.com for more information.
2. Make your title and abstract not only descriptive with key takeaways and learning objectives - but also attention grabbing and eye-catching. Give attendees “WIIFM” - What is in it for me? Make your case for why your topic is urgent and important to the industry and the careers and/or facility/company the attendee’s work for.
3. Abstracts should be no more than 100 words in length - around 4 - 5 short sentences.
4. Submissions must fall into one of the above listed tracks and topics in order to be considered.
5. Before you submit, confirm:
a. You (and any proposed panelists) are available to speaker any time during April 3-6, 2017.
(Specific session day/time requests may not be accommodated so we ask that you are available all day during the event.)
b. You have already received permission to attend/travel/speak. (Travel & hotel fees are at the expense of the speaker.)
c. You have enough content to cover the full 60 minutes (minimum) time slot.
6. If your session will contain proprietary information that will limit the distribution of slides or the recording of your session, please note that in your submission.
7. Speakers are required to create supporting PPT slides on a provided PPT template and submit approximately 2 weeks before the event for review, approval, and final upload.
8. If you are submitting a case study, workshop, panel session, or multi-hour session - please state that clearly in your submission.
Sessions will take place the week of April 3-6, 2017 - at the Los Angeles Convention Center in downtown Los Angeles, California USA.
Submission deadline: NOW CLOSED (October 14, 2016)
If you are interested in future speaking opportunities - please fill out the SPEAKER INTEREST FORM.